4-Day Crested Butte Camping Trip Itinerary
4-Day Crested Butte
Camping Road Trip
Check out this 4-day Crested Butte road trip planned by MODL founder Zack. We all love planning adventures here at MODL, but we know that planning isn't everyone's jam. So we'll be sharing our itineraries so you can get out and adventure more easily. And we can personally attest, this road trip ROCKS. We did it over 4th of July weekend, and it had the perfect chill to adventure ratio. Check it out!!
Day 1: Drive from Denver to Buena Vista
- Drive three hours to Buena Vista and set up camp on Country Road 304 (This road has free, dispersed campsites with incredible mountain views BUT they're only available on a FCFS basis.)
- Hike up the mountains and explore the town of Buena Vista
There are incredible views of Mt Princeton from all the campgrounds on CR 304.
Day 2: Buena Vista Whitewater Park & Winery
- Check out the BV whitewater park. It's the biggest whitewater park in Colorado and has five man-made waves for a range of technical skill levels. Kayaks, SUPs, or river surfboards are available to rent.
- Drive two hours to Campfire Ranch on the Taylor River (Campfire Ranch is an INCREDIBLE place to say with awesome amenities, free pancakes and the cleanest camping bathroom you'll ever see. Bury me in that bathroom.)
- Visit Buckel Family Winery at 5 pm for some wine, charcuterie boards and hula hooping. For an extra challenge, try hula hooping with a glass of wine in hand. Sh*t's hard.
Campfire Ranch is located right on the beautiful Taylor River.
Day 3: Raft the Upper Taylor River and explore Crested Butte
- Raft the Upper Taylor with Three Rivers Resort (5 min from camp)
- Grab lunch in Gunnison and chill at the campsite
- Dinner at Secret Stash in Crested Butte and hike the short Woodwalk trail
Unreal mountain views from the Woodwalk trail.
Day 4: UTV & drive home
- Checkout of Campfire Ranch
- Take a 4-seater UTV out on the Tin Cup trail at Colorado Adventure Rentals (35 min from camp). The views are incredible.
- Drive home jamming out to some good music! (We recommend this playlist.)
Us hitting the trails in a UTV! Truly one of the coolest outdoor sports out there.
Leave a comment